|CUSTOMER UPDATE WITH REFERENCE TO THE THIRD LOCKDOWN IN RELATION TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID – 19)
The Government has announced yesterday new legislation with regard to pubs and the sale of alcohol.
Businesses and venues
Businesses and venues which must close
To reduce social contact, the regulations require some businesses to close and impose restrictions on how some businesses provide goods and services. The full list of businesses required to close can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England, but includes:
- hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through. All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery.
Alcohol can only be delivered in response to orders received- Order should come from a website, or otherwise by online communication, by telephone, including orders by text message or by post.
As always please visit https://www.gov.uk for up to date guidance.
Some of our customers are off licenses, and some of the pubs we supply are continuing to supply a delivery service. As our sales have reduced by around 95% we are using the furlough scheme to its full advantage and therefore the new opening times and plan moving forward is set out below.
Due to the Government’s announcement on Monday 4th January in relation to Lockdown 3, our opening times have changed. Our office is open on Monday’s only from 10.00 am till 2.00pm to receive any orders from our off license customers and pubs that are continuing to deliver off sales to consumers. Any orders received will be delivered on a Tuesday. Please note at all other times all staff are furloughed other than the driver who will be unfurloughed to undertake the deliveries on the Tuesday. If you need to contact us and your matter is urgent please either e-mail email@example.com , leave a message on our office number 01384 374050 or contact Mark Hill directly on 07912 045350.
The Government has announced today that grants will be available to the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
- the one-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
This is in addition to the grants that pubs can claim for if they have been forced to close or severely impacted by Coronavirus.
The Local Restrictions Support Grants, for businesses which have had to close or have been severely impacted by local restrictions (hospitality, leisure and non-essential retail sectors):
- business owners will receive £1,334 per 4 weeks if they have a rateable value below £15,000
- they will receive £2,000 per 4 weeks if they have a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- they will receive £3,000 per 4 weeks if they have a rateable value above £51,000
Again, please visit www.gov.uk for confirmation on any of the above.
I hope this has been informative, and, as always if you need to discuss anything please contact me directly on my mobile.
I hope you all stay safe and look forward to speaking with you when in the very near future.
The Brewers Wholesale Limited